Sunday 29 January 2017

WHAT I WEAR TO WORK

Hello Salala readers, I hope you are all well. Today I was going to meet up with my friend Sami in Cardiff and go for a nice walk with his new dog but the weather is so bad . It looks like its going to rain all day, so unfortunately we had to rearrange our catch-up for another time. 
Also, James (my man) is finally coming back from snowboarding so I am rather excited to see him later on. I was always under the impression I am a strong independent woman ...but deep down I did miss him loads ! 

Anyhow at least I have the time to finally post this . 
We are exploring "what to wear to work". 

I must admit I am not a morning person but I do enjoy the process of picking out a new outfit everyday. I tend to go for business or at least smart/casual looks even though  my office doesn't actually have a dress code. 

I certainly believe that sometimes you just need to dress to impress because it is unavoidable in work: people will judge you based on how you look.Of course it all depends what sector you work in and it is certainly down to personal preference but I would highly recommend if you are having an important business meeting or a networking event you should pay extra attention on your outfit.

I want my work attire to reflect that I take my role/position seriously.I must admit exception are Fridays when I usually go for a more casual look as most likely I will end up in the pub after!(For non-alcoholic drinks of course...) 

 In general I  would avoid  mini skirts,low cut shirts/tops, see through items and I know this might upset some of you : blue denim. My high heels  help me feel more confident but I would recommend going for comfortable pairs that you can wear/walk all day with. 

Outfit 1 
  




I love wearing flattering pencils skirts and  I was immediately drawn into this one from Zara sale. The check detail and gold buttons make this garment even more special , plus it only cost 13.99 down from 40! I paired it with a burgundy roll-neck from Primark (to bring out the red from the check pattern) and nude comfy block heels to make the skirt centre of attention. As I struggle to find skirts that fit perfectly around my waist I usually end up with a waist belt -which  I have found is rather practical to ensures my jumper stays tucked in. 


Outfit 2 




   Ok needles to say these high heels are gorgeous. I purchased them whilst I was in Edinburgh for a business trip. Girls again another sale bargain only 13.99 and they are       real suede from Marks & Spencer ! 
  I wanted to make my heels focal point so kept the rest of my look rather simple with a cashmere grey jumper and wool trousers.

Outfit 3                                                                             



                            If I don't want to wear a skirt I usually go for ankle length trousers. These are one my favouritte pairs and were purchased from H&M a couple of years ago. They have lasted so well so I have actually gone back and picked up some  other colours too. You can't really see in those pictures but they have a lovely embroidered black detail too. 
Again I am wearing another Primark roll-neck. Little secret I prefer them rather than shirts only cause they don't really need ironing ! ha 

                                         Please see below outfit details for all three looks and links : 


Outfit 1
Roll neck : Primark (similar here
Nude Block Heels : Zara (similar here only 7.99!
Skirt : Zara (similar here) I couldn't find actual skirt online sorry!
Belt : Dorothy Perkins (similar here


Outfit 2 
Heels : Marks & Spencer (similar here)
Wool trousers : Monsoon (similar here
Cashmere jumper : Marks & Spencer (more here)

Outfit 3 
High neck jumper: Primark (similar here
Ankle trousers: H&M (more here)
Nude block heels: Zara(similar here only 7.99!


I hope you enjoyed this post and don't forget to follow !

New post next Sunday.

L.A  

xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment